Thursday, October 15, 2015

How Do I Walk With God?

As a continuation from yesterday's discussion of what it
means to be a 'not," Mike addresses a very real question.

"Walking with God, and how we do it depends on two things:
(and how important it is to not mix them up!)

1 What must I do because God refuses to do it for me?
2 What must I not do, for God alone will do it for me?"

"In Luke 15 we see the Prodigal Son coming to his senses
before dying of hunger. 'I will go to my father, though I 
am not worthy, and ask him to make me a hired man.' How
many of us see other believers full and we hunger? The
Prodigal lost his image, he got up and went, he showed up
and the father filled him with his image by running,
embracing, and restoring his son.

After you show up, you listen. Luke 12:12, 'the Holy Spirit
will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say...'
When you hear a teaching it isn't creating something new in
you but revealing what has already been in you. You have
everything pertaining to Life in you in Christ.

As you hear truth, you hear the divine 'Uh huh' in you, for
'My sheep hear My voice....'"

Once you have shown up and heard the Lord, preach your
gospel, no one els's. Own it"

As I came to the end of the article and read that we must not
preach something that belongs to someone else unless we
first own it and make it our own, I sat there and pondered this
statement for 'to teach that which we do not 'own,' is to be a
hypocrite. Ouch!

So, reader, wrestle with what you hear and stay with it until
you hear the voice of the Shepherd speak the 'Uh huh.'

Aside note: I discovered on Face Book yesterday that Mike
Wells died on October 11, 2011. It was the day that God
gave me the idea of a website and blog. I called a friend on
the 13th to tell her what I was going to do and how I was
going to write to Mike and let him know. Mary said, "Mike
has died. He developed a respiratory infection in an out of
the way area of South America and died in the night." I felt
such a sting of loss. Though I had never met him his letters
detailing his journey's were so transparent and real that it
seemed that we must be friends. He helped me to become
real. 

No comments: