Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Awaken the Dawn

It is 7AM and my eyes fly open. The room is pitch
black. Is it raining? Foggy? No, it is still an hour 
before sunrise! When did this happen? Very quickly
it seems.

As I stood at the window watching the sky begin to
lighten in anticipation of the sunrise, my heart
began to sing--

"When morning gilds the sky
my heart awakening cries.
'May Jesus Christ be Praised!'

David breaks into song in Ps 57:

"My heart is steadfast, O God,
My heart is steadfast!
I will sing and make melody!
Awake, my glory!
Awake, harp and lyre
I will awaken the dawn!
I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among
       the peoples;
I will sing praise to you among the 
       nations.
For your steadfast love is great to the 
       heavens,
Your faithfulness to the clouds.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens
Let your glory be over all the earth!

Reader, awaken the dawn with praise. Make
melody to the Lord in your heart. And,
because the sun sleeps longer these days,
you don't even have to get up early!

No comments: