Thursday, April 10, 2014

Prophecy

Our group is now in chapter 11--and I don't
mean bankruptcy! Chapter 11 of Daniel is
all about the kings from the north and the
kings from the south battling it out through
Israel, the Beautiful Land. It is all very
confusing but Beth Moore does a good
job laying out the players. She talks about
what has happened while the book of
Daniel talks about what will happen.
Beginning in chapter 2 with the dream and
interpretation of the statue we get a very
clear picture of the players in the unfolding
history of Babylon. There are lots of dreams
and as the book proceeds, even open visions
which blow Daniel away. At one point he
becomes as a dead man before the majesty of
the living God. History unfolded with an
exact fulfillment, so exact that there are
scholars who say that the Book of Daniel
was not written by Daniel but by someone
who lived much later.

You see, dearest reader, if you can debunk
Daniel, you can debunk God, and all He
has said about the end times, which are also
covered very specifically in this book.

"...I am God, and there is no other,
I am God and there is none like Me,
declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things that are
     not yet done,
Saying, 'My counsel shall stand, and
I will accomplish all my purpose.'"
(Isaiah 46:9B-10)

What a God I serve! I cannot mess things
up. He will accomplish all his purpose!

No comments: