Thursday, April 24, 2014

Of First Importance

Paul opens 1Corinthians 15 with a plea to stand
firm, to hold fast to the word that he preached
to them. So, what was that word?

"For I delivered to you as of first importance
what I also received:
that Christ died for our sins
     in accordance with the scriptures,
that he was buried
that he was raised on the third day
     in accordance with the scriptures,
and that he appeared to Cephas, then
to the twelve. (I Corinthians 15:3-5)

For this message Paul was brutally beaten,
shipwrecked. He hungered, thirsted, and was
left for dead. He lost friendships and was
misunderstood. He was thrown out of the
synagogues.

The message of first importance burned into
his soul. Paul could not keep quiet.

This blog that I write today really tugs at my
heart. There is a young man, a very popular
young man, who is preaching another gospel
as truth and it sounds so good. Am I willing
to be rejected for calling a sin, a sin; vilified
for speaking the truth?

Thankfulness Corner
Wind whipping through the trees

Stories:
http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com/stories.php 

No comments: