Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Live Wisely

Paul continues to give encouragement to the Colossians:

Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsiders, making the best
use of the time. (Co. 5:5)

As I look at this verse, I find myself examining how I have
lived out the last 24 hours. I come up with a lot of failure.
Tender spots are touched and protective flesh rises to the
surface. I express an opinion about something that does
not really matter and it causes offense, distance. Paul is
addressing something far deeper here than speech. He has
discussed details in the previous verses. I am reminded of
a verse that seems to summarize wisdom:

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do
all to the glory of God. Give no offense...
(I Corinthians 10:31)

Papa, I cannot live this Christian life wisely so I turn
to you in my need and say, "help."

No comments: