Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"Husbands, Love..."


“Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them.”
(Colossians 3:19)

I like this verse!

There are four Greek words for love. This one happens to be Agapeo.
This word is not about friendship but a sacrificial love that only God 
possess. So how is the husband to love his wife? The same way that 
Christ loved the church, by sacrifice.

I Corinthians 13 says it very nicely:

“Love is patient and kind.
Love does not envy or boast.
Love is not arrogant or rude.
Love does not insist on its own way.
Love is not irritable or resentful...
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, 
endures all things.”

The verses of these two days are ridiculous! Did I hear someone mutter,
“impossible?” It is true. Women do not easily come under authority, and 
men do not love with their hearts easily. Actually, when I first got married I 
thought that marriage was a joke, something to keep God amused. But, it 
is not so. In the book of Genesis we find that, “it is not good for man to be 
alone; I will make a helpmeet for him."  It is a picture of Christ and the 
Church. The love that Paul is speaking of is beyond our comprehension 
and will take eternity to unravel. 

So where does this leave the husband? Usually struggling to understand
the woman God gave him and finding out that he cannot love her. Only
God can. God dwells in him if he is a Christian. He only has to give up 
and ask God to love her through him. Papa God loves “help me” prayers.
(I briefly thought about getting Glen to write this post...)

See my NEW story:

No comments: