Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Feathers

Back in the year 2,000, Glen and I were traveling into Central Asia 
to encourage villages in community development. We were missionaries
with Medical Ambassadors International or MAI. On one trip Glen went 
west to Thailand and I went east to Tashkent, Uzbekistan. It was the last
five hours of a 24 hour travel day and I was able to stretch out over four 
empty seats to sleep. Only I couldn’t sleep. The flight got in at 11:30PM 
and my imagination took over. “What if I came out of customs and there 
was no one to meet me?” The taxi drivers swarm like bees. I had no
phone numbers, not even the name of a hotel. Deliberately I turned 
my attention to a favorite verse:
“The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want
He leads me...”    I slept.
I awoke in a drowsy state as we began our descent into Tashkent.
  I had this funny sense that I was covered with feathers.
 FEATHERS? Angels? Confidence rose. Customs was a breeze
 and Kyle was there to meet me. Much later I realized it was not 
an angel protecting me, but something much better.
God Himself was covering me. Oh, how personal He is!
“He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find
refuge. His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.” Ps 91:4

No comments: