Sunday, April 15, 2018

Feeling Depressed?

My grace is sufficient for you. 2 Corinthians 12:9

The other day I was riding home after a hard days work. 
I was very tired and deeply depressed, when quickly, and 
as suddenly as a lightning bolt, the verse came to me: 
"My grace is sufficient for you."When I arrived home I 
looked it up in the Word, and it finally came to me this way: 
"MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR YOU." 
My response was to say, "Yes, Lord, I should think it is! 
Then I burst out laughing.

Until that time, I had never understood what the holy laugh-
ter of Abraham was. This verse seemed to make unbelief 
totally absurd. I pictured a little fish who was concerned a-
bout drinking the river dry, with Father River saying, 
"Drink away, little fish, my stream is sufficient for you." I 
also envisioned a mouse afraid of starving after seven 
years of plenty, when Joseph says to him, "Cheer up, little 
mouse; my granaries are sufficient for you." Again, I ima-
gined a man high on a mountain peak, saying to himself, 
"I breathe so many cubic feet of air each year, I am afraid 
I will deplete all the oxygen in the atmosphere. "But the 
earth says to him, "Breathe away, filling your lungs forever; 
my atmosphere is sufficient for you."

O people of God, be great believers! Little faith will bring 
your souls to heaven, but great faith will bring heaven into 
your souls.  Charles H Spurgeon--1833-1892

Reader, I did some research and discovered that this great
preacher had physical, spiritual and emotional difficulties
all of his life. I have posted a small part of this story below.
If you look to the left at other articles, you will find more
about his life, but not his the struggles in his life. It is com-
forting to me that many of those we think so perfect, have
many issues such as depression which was true of Spurgeon.
So take heart discouraged one, it is God in you that makes
all the difference!

http://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-29/anguish-and-agonies-of-charles-spurgeon.html 

No comments: