Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Foundations

I have set my blog primarily to encourage Christians
in these difficult days. But, what is a Christian? Paul
says it all in these few verses:

'But I would remind you, brothers,  of the gospel I
preached to you, which you received, in which
you stand, and by which you are being saved, if
you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless
you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you as of first importance what I 
also received: that Christ died for our sins in 
accordance to the scriptures, that he was buried,
that he was raised on the third day in accordance to 
the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then 
to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five 
hundred brothers at one time.' (1Cor 15:1-6)

We did not pursue Him, He pursued us. We did nothing
to obtain our salvation, Christ did it all when He died,
was buried and then resurrected. We are not saved by
praying a prayer, being baptized, joining a church, or
doing good works. We are saved when we believe the
Gospel as written above.

Reader, we are warned in scripture that many will
come and declare themselves to be Christ in the last
days. Everything points to these days as the last days.
I would encourage you to search the scriptures and
see if these things are true.

PS Here are some scriptures to back up what Paul
was thinking when he used the phrase, 'according
to the scriptures.'
Death: Ps 22: 14-18; Isaiah 53:5
Burial: Isaiah 53:9,12;
Resurrection: Matthew 16:21; 17:29


No comments: