Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Birth of Laughter

"The Lord visited Sarah as he had said, and the
Lord did to Sarah as He had promised. Sarah 
conceived and bore Abraham a son in his old age...
Abraham called the name of his son, Isaac..."
And Sarah said, 'God has made laughter for me;
and everyone who hears will laugh over me. Who 
would have said to Abraham that Sarah would
nurse children? Yet I have borne him a son in his
old age.'"

I cannot stop smiling as I read these verses. This barren
woman became pregnant at a very old age and she is
nursing him! Not in her wildest imagination...

We see this from a birds eye view but Sarah lived her
life one sorrowful day at a time. Long ago she had buried
hope. At age 99 all the promises God had given were
set in motion.

Papa, You are faithful. You are truly an awesome God!

No comments: