Monday, June 24, 2013

At All Times

After David escapes from King Aschish, he finds safety in
the caves of Adullam. (Adullam means "refuge.") I can
see David sitting on a rock at the mouth of the cave, harp
in hand as he begins to write down his heart to God:

"I will bless the Lord at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
Let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
And let us exalt his name together."
Ps 34:1-3

For the past week I have been singing the first verse
throughout the day and sometimes during the night.
It is a catchy tune, remembered from many years ago.
It was a young man named David who put the words
of this psalm to music. The music causes the words to
bounce and ministers to my soul.



No comments: