Friday, April 5, 2013

Some Further Thoughts

I woke up this morning thinking on Job. He has
impacted my life in so many ways since I started
blogging on his life. Job is such an amazing man
and I can't wait to meet him! The verses that sparked
my interest today came during the fury of Job's
personal storm, right in the middle of immense suffering:

"For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and at the last he will stand upon the earth.

And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
yet in my flesh I shall see God..."
(Job 19:25,25 NIV)

My heart leaps as these words spill out across the page.

Job KNOWS that his Redeemer, his Savior, lives.
Job KNOWS that this Redeemer will one day stand
upon the earth.
Job KNOWS that even after death and the destruction of
his body, he will see his God.

Jesus.  Job's Redeemer--and mine.  

No comments: