Monday, April 8, 2013

Noah Time

No, I am not referring to the Patriarch, but to our
grandson. We just spent a delightful eight days
with him. Noah is TWO--thats with two fingers
added for emphasis! Awareness of his surroundings
is exploding, and he mimics what he hears like a
little echo. He calls me Amma, and his grandpa
he calls Abba.

He likes to "go fast," play with his cars, read books
with us--I murder the dutch ones and he finally gave
up on me.

He is a study in motion. One evening at the park he
talked his Abba into going down the slide with him.
He climbed up and walked through the tunnel followed
by Glen who had to either crawl or swing through, legs
first. He chose the latter which sent Noah into gales of
laughter. Down they would slide together and with
a hearty, "AGAIN," Noah ran all the way around the
sidewalk to watch his grandpa swing through the tunnel.
10, 20 times? I lost count.

Families belong together. This is God's plan. We see
it in our culture for the holidays like Thanksgiving
and Christmas--

"I'll be home for Christmas if only in my dreams."
"The horse knows the way to carry the sleigh..."

Then it took a sleigh; now it takes an all day trip
by air. I think technology has increased the isolation
of families and loneliness is the result.

We are planted here for the time being, and, yes, there
is suffering in the mix. I get to see Noah 3 or 4 times
a year and with each visit it gets harder to leave his
hugs and sloppy kisses.


No comments: