Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hope Begins with Death

Yesterday I shared the death of George Beverly Shea,
but today I want to talk about our hope in death. A few
weeks ago we celebrated the death of Jesus. (I bet you
think you know where I am going with this...) What
strikes me about the resurrection of our Lord? Had He
not died, He would not have risen! Jesus could not rise
from the dead without dying first. About now all you
Bible Buffs out there are scratching your heads. "What
in the world is she talking about?" I am talking about a
principle so profound that Jesus made sure his disciples
had a chance to grasp it BEFORE He went to the cross.

"The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls 
into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies 
it bears much fruit." (John 12:23,24)

When Jesus used the words, "truly, truly," the disciples
snapped to attention. Think about this verse and I will get
back to you later with some thoughts of my own.

New Story is Up: My Search for God
http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com/stories.html

No comments: