Monday, February 4, 2013

Absolute Surrender


(Last week I had trouble getting things posted. For several days 
the blog came out looking fuzzy with small print--then large. 
Hmm, wonder why...)

Job’s life is crashing around his ears, but how does he answer 
his wife’s advice to curse God and die?

“‘We take the good days from God--why not the bad also?’ 

NOT ONCE THROUGH ALL THIS DID JOB SIN.
HE SAID NOTHING AGAINST GOD.”  (Job 2:10)

Amazing, simply amazing! Job lived before Abraham when there 
were no Jews, nor Christians; no Bibles, support groups, or worship songs. 
What had touched Job’s heart so deeply? God Himself.

Our dog knows how to surrender. He flips over on his back and waves 
his paws. But his mistress cannot seem to stay surrendered. I find it 
much easier when everything is to my liking, but when the bad times 
come--I crab. However, I still know that God is good--all the time, and 
though I sometimes let Him have it, I give into His ways in the end. 
As we progress through the Book of Job, we will get a better handle 
on how a righteous man grieves. 


No comments: