Saturday, February 23, 2013

Guilty


In the next few verses, Job wrestles with the 
meaning of life; its brevity, suffering, guilt, 
inequality, and the need for an arbitrator--
someone who would represent him before God. 
He has hit a wall. He is stuck. I know that many 
of you are also feeling “stuck.” Personally, I have 
come back to the book of Job many times and 
found what I needed. The book is not just about 
suffering, hopelessness, and death, but also 
a story of life and hope. 

“My time is short..
My life is going fast, like a ship under full sail
Like an eagle plummeting to its prey
Even if I say, ‘I’ll put this behind me…’
All these troubles would still be like grit in my 
gut since it’s clear you’re not going to let up.
The verdict has all ready been handed down, 
‘GUILTY’

God and I are not equals; I can’t bring a case 
against him. We’ll never enter a courtroom as peers.
How I wish we had an arbitrator to step in and 
let me get on with life..
To break God’s grip on me…
Then I’d speak up and state my case boldly.
As things stand, there is no way I can do it.”
(Job 9:25-35 The Message)

So, dear reader, stay with me as I explore the depths of 
Job's pain and how God responds.

See the new story: “Grieving.”  


No comments: