Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Job SPEAKS to God


“I’m not keeping one bit quiet,
I’m laying it all out on the table;
My complaining to high heaven is bitter, but honest..

I hate this life!
Who needs more of this?
Just let me alone!
There’s nothing to my life--
It’s nothing but smoke.

Let up on me…
Don’t you have better things to do?
Why make a federal case out of me?
The way things are going, I’ll soon be dead!”

I have never experienced anything like the pain that Job bore. 
I don’t think I have ever been this honest with God either. 
Maybe they go together?

I recently read, Heaven is for Real, by Burpo, and in this book 
the Dad shares how he went into the chapel, not to cry out to 
God for help, but to “let God have it.” During this time his 
three year old son reported that he “saw” his dad in the 
chapel-- praying. I think this pastor/dad is still amazed that his 
anger was taken as prayer by his loving heavenly God,--and answered. 

His dying son recovered. As the book progresses it is obvious 
that Colton spent considerable time in heaven and did many things. 

His dad asked him, "Colton, you did many things. 
Just how long were you there?"  

Colton answered, "Two minutes." 

It is a good read

No comments: