Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Set

Set your affections on things that are above, not on things that 
are on the earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ 
in God.” Col. 3:2,3

Why should I set my affections on God? For the very reason that God in
Christ saved me through death and now I am hidden with Christ in God.
There is so much here. This word is not a passive word. I looked it up in 
the dictionary and was amazed to find three pages devoted to this three
letter word.  For us it boils down to:

Set: to fix the heart
Fix: To direct the eye without moving it. To fix your attention on 
something.  (Or to look steadily at Someone with your 
heart. My take on it!)

What a challenge these verses are to me! God is asking me to fix my
heart on the invisible, when the visible, tangible clamors for my 
attention.

Papa, I bring this problem to You. May I hear Your whisper today.
May I see the invisible through the visible. 

To see the story of our time in Holland, Click here



No comments: