Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Complete!


I like this word, “complete.” The dictionary defines it as, “to fill,
having no deficiency, perfect.”

“and in Him you have been made complete, (full) and He is
the head over all rule and authority.” (Col. 2:10)

Back in chapter one of Colossians there is a more complete 
description of both “rule and authority.” 

“For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on 
earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or 
authorities--all things have been created by Him and for Him.
(Col. 1:16,17)

Jesus is the Creator of all. 
The Creator of all lives in me! 
He is the ruler over all rulers, 
whether they be kings, presidents, 
heads of churches, bosses, 
or the head of a home. 

I have been made complete in the One who is over all authority, all
rulers--visible and invisible. So, when I don’t like what is happening,
I can remind myself of just Who is in charge; the One who loves me
best, in whom I am complete, and, He holds my future in His hands
for His purposes. I am safe, even when it feels like I am falling.


No comments: