Monday, September 10, 2012

Canceled!

In the next few verses Paul brings the circumcision part to closure.

The following verses are breathtaking, AND, life changing. At least
they were for me. I like the book of Colossians but I love what God
says in the middle of Chapter 2!

“You who were dead in your sins, and the uncircumcision of 
your flesh,
GOD made alive together with Him
having forgiven all our sins
   by canceling the record of debt
   that stood against us 
   with its legal demands.
This He set aside
nailing it to the cross."
(Col. 2:13,14)

Legally, the enemy has nothing on me except words of deception.
God not only has forgiven my sins but He has canceled the legal demand
which is the sentence of death to sinners. God said to Adam and Eve, 
“If you eat of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, you will die.”
The separation from God happened immediately but physical death
took over 900 years. Legally, I am dead. BUT GOD, who is rich in 
mercy became a Man and took my sin and the debt against me into 
the cross when He died over 2,000 years ago. The record of my debt 
and its legal demands were nailed to the cross and I am free from the 
penalty of sin.

Oh, reader, ask Him to show you what this means for you today! 
Every time I read these verses I see something new!

No comments: