Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Everyone Means All

Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall
be saved. Joel 2:32

So why don't I call on His name? Why do I run to this
person and that person, when God is so near and will
hear my faintest call? Why do I sit down to plot my
own course and make my own plans? Why don't I im-
mediately place myself and my burden on the Lord?

Straight ahead is the best way to run, so why don't I
run directly to the living God? Instead, I look in vain
for deliverance everywhere else, but with God I will
find it. With Him I have His royal promise: "(I) will
be saved." And with Him I never need to ask if I may
call on Him or not, for the word "everyone" is all en-
compassing. It includes me and means anybody and
everybody who calls upon His name. Therefore I will
trust in this verse and will immediately call on the
glorious Lord who has made such a great promise.

My situation is urgent, and I cannot see how I will 
ever be delivered. Yet this is not my concern, for He
who made the promise will find a way to keep it. My
part is simply to obey His commands, not to direct
His ways. I am His servant, not His advisor. I call 
upon Him and He will deliver me.
Charles Spurgeon  1834-1892

Reader, this was a man of God who did not flinch from
controversy when it came to the Word of God and the
atoning death of Jesus Christ.
Not long ago I was calling upon the Lord about a diffi-
cult situation and He said to me,
"I will do it all for you, Jane. And--He has!!!!

https://www.christianitytoday.com/history/people/pastorsandpreachers/charles-spurgeon.html

No comments: