Thursday, August 9, 2018

Do Not Despair

I would have despaired unless I had believed that 
would see the goodness of the Lord...Wait for the
Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage.
Psalm 27:13-14

DO NOT DESPAIR

Oh, how great the temptation is to despair at times!
Our soul becomes depressed and disheartened, and
our faith staggers under the severe trials and testing
that comes into our lives, especially during times 
of bereavement and suffering. We may come to the
place where we say, "I cannot bear this any longer.
I am close to despair under these circumstances God
has allowed. He tells me not to despair, but what am
I supposed to do at this point?"

It is the same when you are tempted to despair under
Spiritual afflictions. Once you have come close to the 
point of despair, God's message is not, "Be strong 
and courageous", for He knows that your strength 
and courage have run away. Instead, He says sweetly, 
"BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD."

Hudson Taylor was so weak and feeble in the last few
months of his life that he told a friend "I am so weak
I cannot write. I cannot read my Bible. I cannot even
pray. All I can do is lie still in the arms of God as a 
little child, trusting Him. " This wonderful man of God, 
who had great spiritual power, came to the point of 
physical suffering and weakness where all he could do 
was lie still and trust.

That is all God asks of you as His dear child. When
you become weak through the fierce fires of affliction,
do not try to "be strong." Just "be still, and know that
He is God." And know that He will sustain you and 
bring you through the fire. (He is satisfied with you.)
LB Cowman

Reader, my heart goes out to those of you who are
going through deep waters with no shore in sight. It
becomes unbearable if we think that we are letting
God down in unbelief. No, dear one, you just need
to learn how to lean...

No comments: