Wednesday, June 6, 2018

I Hear The Words of Love

Being justified by faith, we have peace with 
God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 
Romans 5:1

I hear the words of love,
I gaze upon the blood,
I see the mighty sacrifice,
And I have peace with God.

'Tis everlasting peace!
Sure as Jehovah's name;
'Tis stable as His steadfast throne,
Forever more the same.
   
The clouds may come and go,
And storms may sweep my sky--
This blood-sealed friendship changes
   not:
The cross is ever nigh.

My love is oft times low,
My joy still ebbs and flows;
But peace with Him remains the same--
No change Jehovah knows.

I change, He changes not,
The Christ can never die;
His love, not mine, the resting place,
His truth, not mine, the tie.
Horatius Bonar 1808-89

Reader I am not sure if I used this old hymn
recently, but it doesn't matter. Someone needs
to hear this today.

I have just finished reading a biography of Bonar.
He was of the Reformed tradition who also be-
lieved in a Pre-Millenial Rapture! He knew John
Darby and both studied under the same man.
This is a good read!
https://biblicalstudies.org.uk/pdf/eusebeia/03_023.pdf

Here is the hymn for those who remember our
IVCF days. I loved to sing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhPGpNwguuU






No comments: