Thursday, June 28, 2018

I Delight in Weaknesses

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses,
in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 
2 Corinthians 12:10

The literal translation of this verse adds a startling em-
phasis to it, allowing it to speak for itself with power 
we have probably never realized. It is as follows: 
"Therefore I take pleasure in being without strength, 
being insulted, experiencing emergencies, and being 
chased and forced into a corner for Christ's sake; for
when I am without strength, I am dynamite."

The secrete of knowing God's complete sufficiency is 
in coming to the end of everything in ourselves and 
our circumstances. Once we reach this point, we will 
stop seeking sympathy for our difficult situation or ill 
treatment, because we will recognize these things as 
the necessary conditions for blessings. We will then 
turn from our circumstances to God, realizing they are 
the evidence of Him working in our lives.  
A B Simpson

Well, reader, 2 Corinthians 12 keeps coming up in my
life. In the past week so many things have transpired
that I never thought I would see in this country. We
are not of this world, but we are of the invisible king-
dom of our Lord Jesus Christ.

George Matheson says this: "Teach me, O Lord, to 
glory in my cross. Teach me the value of my thorns. 
Show me how I have climbed to You through the path 
of pain. Show me it is through my tears I have seen 
my rainbows.

Maranatha, dear friends. It is all good, because He is
all good and He is coming for His Bride!


No comments: