Sunday, May 20, 2018

His Departure

Blake woke up on Saturday, full of life, as he entered
into glory where he will live for eternity. It was the 8th
day--which is "new beginnings." It was a hard fight:

For I am already being poured out as a 
drink offering, and the time of my depar-
ture is at hand. 
I have fought the good fight, 
I have finished the race, 
have kept the faith.  2 Timothy 4:6,7

Fully unconscious patients can hear and they have
reported their surroundings after waking even with
closed eyes. (could seeing and hearing be part of our
spirit?) I believe that Blake was aware of his family
and that he fought to stay with them. But his work
on earth was finished and God took him home.
In Psalm 139:16 we read:

Your eyes saw my substance,
   being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all 
   were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none
   of them.  

The 139th psalm details life from conception to our
final day. It also appears that God knows the date of
our death before birth and we are invincible until
then. As a Christian I find this to be of great comfort
especially when death comes at the hands of a killer,
in a terrible accident, or a long bout with cancer. It
takes the pressure off of the "if only's." There are no
"if only's" with God.

In my last post I shared the poem by Teresa, the Mom.
I think she knew how things were going to end and
shared with others her inmost self. I am not connec-
ted with the family--except through the Spirit--, but I
was able to grieve with her through her transparency.

Reader, as this dad and brother go to Young Life in
CO in a few weeks, pray that the teens who come to
camp this summer will be powerfully impacted by
Blake's death. May they give themselves completely
without reservation to the God who bought them and
sought them, who has given them Eternal Life.


No comments: