Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Angels Unaware

For He will give His angels 
     charge concerning you,
To guard you in all your ways.
They will bear you up in their 
     hands
Lest you strike your foot against
     a stone.
(Psalm 91:11,12)

How many of you have been aware of protecting angels?
Well, yesterday was one of those days for me. I had
picked up the dog and was heading home on highway 95
going about 55 in a 65 mph zone, when, suddenly, a car
crossed the lane of oncoming traffic--he had no room to
spare from that direction--and pulled directly in front of
me. I slammed on the brakes, and stopped inches from
his back fender. I heard the dog hit the floor as well as
the eggs sitting next to me. Funny, the things you are
aware of just before impact. But there was no impact. I
would say, considering the speed I was going and how
slow he was to get up any speed, that a serious crash was
inevitable. I stopped instantly. No one was behind me. As
I drove off in shock, I looked down at the box of eggs
which were lying on their side and I wondered if any of
them were intact.
Not one was broken, not one was cracked.
The eggs should have been an omelet!

It reminds me of another story when I was on staff with
InterVarsity Christian Fellowship in NYC--many years
ago--, and I had to travel back on the subway in the late
evenings. One time I was alone in the subway car except
for two men sitting way behind me. I knew I had a long
walk to my apartment when I got off the train. Sure
enough, the guys followed me up the steps, but at the top
of the stairs was a cop AND HIS DOG! The men fled in
the opposite direction. I had never seen the police there
before--or after.

You know, in each of these examples the unbeliever can
find enough evidence to prove that neither was a
supernatural event.

Dear Christian, never doubt His love for you! Look
for the evidence in your daily life. Share God's
goodness with one another and encourage each other
as we watch for His coming.

Maranatha!

No comments: