Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Himself

He, Himself, bore our sins on the tree.
1Peter 2:24

For the past few days I have been pondering this
beautiful word, Himself. AB Simpson says:

'How often Himself comes out in His word. It is the 
person of Jesus we want. Plenty of people get the 
idea and do not get anything out of it. They get it 
into their head, and it into their consciousness, 
and it into their will. But somehow they do not get 
Him into their life and spirit...'

'After much struggle to make his Christian life work,
the Lord spoke to him and said, 'My child,just take 
Me, and let Me be in you the constant supply of all 
this. Myself.'

AB Simpson goes on to say, 'And when at last I got 
my eyes off all my sanctification, and my experience 
of it, and just placed Christ in me, I found, instead of 
experience, the Christ larger than the moments need, 
the Christ that had all that I should ever need. And 
when I saw Him, who was given to me once, and  it 
was all right, and right forever. For I had not only 
what I could hold that little hour, but also in Him,
all that I should need over all situations; I get a 
glimpse of what it will be a million years hence, and 
afterward. We will shine like the sun in the kingdom 
of our Father (Matt 13:43) and have all the fullness 
of God.'
A brief quote from HIMSELF by AB Simpson
(1843-1919)

Reader, here is one of the 'Great cloud of witnesses,''
who lived out the abiding life and went from
strength to strength until he moved on to glory. I
need all I can comprehend in order to come into
the simplicity of the Christian life.
Abide, abide, abide.
He, Himself is sufficient.

Our greatest need is have a far greater revelation of
Himself as our indwelling Lord.




No comments: