Monday, February 1, 2016

His Doing?

'This is My doing.'
1Kings 12:24

'The disappointments of our life are simply the hidden
appointments of love.

'Dearest child, I have a message for you today. Let me
whisper it in your ear so any storm that may arise will
shine with glory, and the rough places you may have
to walk will be made smooth. It is only four words, but
let them sink into your inner being, and use them as a
pillow to rest your weary head:

This is My doing.

You did not come to this place by accident--you are 
exactly where I meant for you to be"'
Laura A Baxter Snow
Streams in the Desert February 1

Sometimes I am hit with something so big it crushes me
flat, but most of the time it is the 'little foxes,' the steady
drip of daily issues that wax and wane. Issues that tend to
be repetitive and completely unsolvable through my own
manipulations. Reader, do you notice how often you walk
through the same part of the maize--the rut keeps getting
deeper--but the cheese is never at the end?

Papa, it is time to change this thing out!


No comments: