Friday, August 1, 2014

Night Falls

So many are walking through very deep dark valleys
right now. Things happen that don't make any sense.
The world gets darker as values change, war rages
in various places, Ebola terrifies. Things that used to
be right side up are now up side down and in side out.
Old ways of getting life no longer work. Night falls.
Where can I turn? Well, how about the Shepherd?

"I am the light of the world. He who follows Me
shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light
of life. (John 8:12)

Jesus is the light and that light shines out of me, is
seen by others in the valley even when I cannot
see by that light. However, I see the lights of those
who have gone before, and the light coming from
those who walk with me. This Light is in me, this
Light is with me. He will never leave me nor forsake 
me--no matter what!

Thankfulness Corner:
The first Sunflower is dressed in bright yellow.


No comments: