Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Puppet Show

The eight year old daughter sighs, then she
sighs again. Down goes her pencil."I hate
writing. My hand is so sore!" The mother looks
up and asks what the tired daughter would like
to do. "Can I do a puppet show," asks she with
shining eyes? With a nod of assent from her
mom, the small one bends down to write the script.
Within a few days she has put together a shoe box
stage, popsicle puppets, scenery, sound effects.

The script came out of Proverbs:
"If you seek for it (wisdom) like silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasures,
    then you will understand the fear of the
                     Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.
    For the Lord gives wisdom."
(Proverbs 2:4, 5

Scene One
A boy is digging in a quarry. (Rocks bang)
A girl comes up to him.

Girl: "What are you doing?'
Boy: "I am digging for treasure"
Girl: "What kind of treasure?"
Boy: "I am digging for wisdom."
Girl" "You won't find wisdom in a quarry.
            You find it in the Bible.
            Come home with me and I will show you."
Off they go together.

Scene Two. Next Day
A woman is digging in the quarry. (bang, bang)
The boy from yesterday comes over.
Boy: "What are you doing?
Woman: "I am digging for treasure"
Boy: "What kind of treasure?"
Woman: "I am digging for wisdom."
Boy: "It is not here it is in the Bible."
         "Come home with me. I will show you."

This eight year old grew and one day she
graduated from high school. She was asked
to speak. The topic chosen was "Wisdom."

Thankfulness Corner:
Rows of corn lined with canals of water.





No comments: