Monday, May 5, 2014

Death BEFORE Life

I left you Friday with a question: Life and then
death; or death before life?

Paul puts it this way:

"You fool! What you sow does not come to life
unless it dies. And what you sow is not the body
that is to be, but a bare kernel." 
(1Corinthians 15:36,37)

Wow, strong language! He calls them fools as
if it should be obvious. Well, it is obvious every
spring when crops are planted. Several weeks
ago a farmer took kernels of corn and planted
them. Bare things. Dead looking. But, today I
see rows of green leaves. If I were to dig one up
I would not be abel to find the seed. The seed died
and gave itself up for the life of the plant.

Dear reader, this grabs me today. Over and over
scripture teaches us that death leads to life, not
the other way around. It begins with the death
and then the resurrection of Jesus. When we die
to our plans, purposes, strength and resources,
God raises us up in a new way. The dying part, the
surrender is so difficult for me. I want a break, yes,
I do! God and I are having quite a conversation
right now. You may not need to be in this scripture,
but I certainly do!

It gets better. I promise you it does!

Thankfulness Corner:
The song of a single robin.

No comments: