Thursday, May 29, 2014

Questions

Yesterday's verse came with a myriad of questions.
The second verse begins to unfold as to how God
searches us:

"You know when I sit down
     and when I rise up;
You discern my thoughts from afar."

Sitting down? Standing up? How often I go
from one position to another. Does God
watch me casually from a distance or is He
present? Why does God care to know what
my body is doing at any given time?

He discerns my thoughts from afar: He
knows what I think before I even think it?
Or, does this mean He knows why I think
this way? Is He like the thought police
who want to catch me in a wrong thought?
Well, it depends on my view of God...

Reader, these are good questions, are they
not?

Thankfulness Corner:
The flash of a bird with an orange breast.
A robin in the midst of hundreds of blackbirds!

No comments: