Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Christ is Life

A few years ago I came across the phrase,
"Christ is our life." Have you, dear reader
ever come across this phrase, or is it so
commonplace it just rolls off your tongue?
Over the past couple of weeks I have been
pondering a particular verse which highlights
the essentials that underlies this concept--piece
by tiny piece.

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus,
who of God is made unto us wisdom."
1Corinthians 1:30

God's purpose in sending Jesus to this
earth is not to give us a pattern to live by,
but to give us life, a life manifested to
others through us. If we do not have this
life within us we are not Christians. My
problem has been that I did not realize
that I had this life in me and so for many
years I did not manifest His life to
others--just words.

Thankful Corner: Remembering Friends




No comments: