Thursday, October 17, 2013

Justice

I have been wandering through the book of Isaiah.
Such gems sparkle from its pages! Listen to these
words for they speak of One whom Isaiah did not
know but who was to come. God speaks through
His prophet:

"Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold;
My chosen one in whom My soul delights.
I have put my Spirit upon Him;
He will bring forth justice to the nations.

...A bruised reed He will not break,
A dimly burning wick He will not extinguish:
He will faithfully bring forth justice.
He will not be disheartened or crushed,
Until He has established justice in the earth..."
(Isaiah 42:1-4)

Does this not resonate in your heart? We cry out
for justice and we look for the one who will bring
peace to our world, and peace to our hearts. He has
come and His name is Jesus. Isaiah describes Him
as One who will bring justice to the nations; One
who does not come forth to hurt but to heal; One
who does not grow discouraged by all the evil
perpetrated on us by an unbelieving world. Here
we read about the end of all things, which really
is not the end, but the beginning.

Reader, do you know the One who does not break
a bruised reed, or extinguish a dimly burning wick?

No comments: