Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wait

I don't like this word!

(You) "Wait for the Lord.
Be strong, and let your heart take 
courage. Wait for the Lord." 
(Psalm 27:14)

To whom is David speaking? He might
be speaking to his own soul.

"Soul, wait, be strong, take courage,
wait. (This could take awhile.)"

Wait in Strongs 6960
"To expect, patiently tarry, wait for."
But the primary meaning is "to bind
together by twisting."

Does the twisting, the binding together with God
occur over years of waiting for God? Does
expectation grow or diminish with time? Is David
waiting for God or is he waiting on a change in
circumstances?

I have to confess that more often than not, I am
waiting, not for a greater revelation of God,
but for the circumstances to change. Time
does not necessarily increase my faith, and, I
am not aware that God and I are becoming
twisted together as one. There is a situation that
has plodded along for twenty years! David's
life did not shift for many years and even after
becoming king, he went from one crises to
another. I think he gave his soul the very best
advice that day: "Be strong, take courage, wait."

One of my favorite books is Waiting On God
by Andrew Murray. Maybe it is time for me to
open the book again....


A new story is up:



No comments: