Thursday, August 29, 2013

For God Alone

David wrote Psalm 62 during the events described
in a previous blog. Horrible, mind numbing events!
I quoted the first two verses but in verses five and
six David says the same thing, only this time he speaks
to his soul. David's heart is toward God and is rock
solid, but his emotions and his behavior are all over
the map. God looks at David's heart, not his outward
behavior.

"My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
(Psalm 62:5,6 ASV)

I took these two verses apart and looked up the
definitions of the words in bold, and then turned
them into a declaration of hope:

"Soul, wait for your deliverance on God who
is your only hope. You cannot trust man or 
circumstances. Be intertwined with Him. He only 
is your refuge at the edge of this precipice. He is 
your only deliverer, your Savior. He is like a lofty 
inaccessible place of safety to you, your refuge." 
"I will not be shaken.
I will not be cast headlong down this precipice."
(paraphrase of Psalm 62:5,6) 

A mousetrap--see previous blogs--that is focused
on God instead of man, is an unset mousetrap. It
will not fly apart when the ball drops! But, if it
does, there is always God....

Be sure to check out the new story:
Beautiful Brokenness--with a video:


No comments: