Monday, August 5, 2013

Loitering

...to behold or gaze upon the beauty of the Lord,
and to meditate in his temple. (Psalm 27:4)

God wants me to loiter which means, "slow in
moving, to delay, to be dilatory, to spend time idly."
God wants me to be lazy? Hardly. He wants me to
give Him time. He wants me to gaze upon his beauty.
(gaze: to look steadily, earnestly, eagerly on the
beloved.) In Psalm 27, David begs God to give him
the ability to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord.
Seeing is not a cut and dried thing. We cannot see
Him with physical eyes. So, how do I see Him?
I meditate in the living Word and as I ponder the
words or word I am reading, Jesus begins to come
into focus. I begin this process in a quiet place, but
the Lord continues to give light on the scriptures as
I go about my day. I am the temple of the living God
and it from there that God speaks, God reveals.

Dear reader, have you heard his voice? Has He
come into focus?


No comments: