Wednesday, July 31, 2013

One Thing

David has been dwelling in caves, and in the dry places.
He has faced death. In the midst of this God has given to
David a new perspective and it is not a focus on his
coming into the king position!

One thing have I asked of the Lord,
that I will seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the 
Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the
Lord
and to inquire (meditate) in his temple.
(Ps 27:4)

Many years ago this verse became my prayer. I had
come to the place where only one thing was necessary
and it was to know God. It is because of writing this
blog and getting into the psalms that I have re-
connected to this verse. As I sit on my deck listening
to the birds, feeling the breeze on my face, watching
the butterflies, the hummingbirds fighting over
the nectar, I bow and thank God who is the source
of all this beauty. He is life. He is my life.

Dear reader, who or what is the source of your life?

No comments: