Thursday, May 31, 2012

Turning Points


There have been many turning points for me over the 41 plus
years of marriage. Sometimes they come as “ah ha” moments
where the scales drop from my eyes suddenly and I receive 
insights--related to me mostly. The biggest turning point in 
recent years, and which continues to grow, is my view of God.
He has gone from a distant, uninvolved God who dwells “out
there” somewhere, to a very real, very present Papa. Glen and
I recently attended a marriage renewal weekend where truth I 
have heard before was activated--the “ah ha.” I heard that Glen
was not designed to meet my needs. My source is God alone.
God’s desire for me is to minister to Glen and leave the outcome
to God. God’s grace is sufficient for me to be able to walk this
out on a daily basis. God wants me to be so occupied with Him,
so full of Him, that Glen becomes irrelevant in terms of my 
happiness. Wow!
Isaiah 43:18, 19 says:
“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.”

No comments: