Friday, May 25, 2012

GOD IS


Yes, there is much anguish as I read through Psalm 22,
but I am amazed at the praise and hope which flows
through the lips of the Son and written down by the Psalmist:
“You are holy
enthroned on the praises of Israel...
I will tell of your Name to my brothers;
in the midst of the congregation I will
praise You.
Praise Him!
For He has not despised or abhorred
the afflictions of the afflicted
And He has not hidden His face
from Me,
but has heard, when I cried to Him.”
I see something here, a principle found throughout the
Psalms. No matter how bad the situation, the Psalmist
almost always includes praise, often at the beginning but
also at the end. When I am able to speak the truth about God,
I find lightness even when nothing is moving.

GOD IS. He is present.

And that, dear reader, is the way out of darkness 
when every door is closed.

No comments: