Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jesus Is My Good Shepherd


I woke up with the phrase, “I shall not want.” Years ago I read these words 
and exploded in anger: “Not want?” ‘God, life is a mess. The car needs work,
the kids are sick, we are facing a move, and Glen is away for the next two
weeks!’” I had mistaken the “not want,” for “no problems, no stresses.” However,
as I have walked through life, I have found there is “no lack” of provision
in the midst of circumstances, but sometimes it is difficult to see that. But, the
truth is: JESES IS MY GOOD SHEPHERD!
HE makes me lie down in green pastures
HE leads me beside still waters
He restores my soul.
HE leads me on paths of righteousness
HE leads me through dark valleys
HE prepares a table before me
HE anoints my head with oil.
DRUM ROLL:
SURELY goodness and mercy will follow me
All the days of my life, AND,
I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Papa, I love the ending, “I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever,” but in the
meantime I live here and I am so like a sheep. Sheep are dumb and they can’t 
protect themselves.  Alone they cannot find safe green pastures; will be swirled
away in swift water; they wander from the path; they have nothing with which to
protect themselves. Whether they like it or not they cannot make it without the 
shepherd who sometimes leads them through difficult situations. Well, I don’t want
to be weak. I want to be strong: “Give me the wheel. I want to be in control. I can fix this.”
Fear keeps me from resting in the green grass; drinking deeply from the cool, refreshing water
and in my fright I run off. I actually do best when I am weak, broken, and know that
I cannot live this life out of my own resources. I find the most peace when
I can celebrate my humanness and rejoice that Your Life 
dwells in me and I am safe when I dwell in You!  AMEN.



To visit my website, click here

No comments: