Monday, October 24, 2011

Day Ten

I ponder the words: “I have been crucified with Christ.” The cross suddenly becomes central. The cross. Jesus died 2,000 years ago and when He died I died; when He was buried I was buried; when He was raised up to new life, I was raised up to new life. (Rom. 6: 1-11) Something real happened that awful day that Jesus bled and died with my sins upon Him. The day I recognized this and the day I owned it as true--that I am a sinner, lost and desperately in need of a way of escape, I became a new creation. 

“For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies, we
were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.”   Romans 5:6-10 (NAS)
We are born again as we acknowledge our need for a Savior and receive Him.
We are saved by His Life as we walk moment by moment leaning on Him. 
“Today, Lord, I affirm your great and awesome salvation for my soul and give you my nothing for your everything. Christ in me, the hope of glory!”

No comments: