Friday, June 10, 2016

Inner Vigilance

'...perfecting holiness in the fear of God.'
2 Corinthians 7:1

"Christ always maintained an inner vigilance to
continually submit His spirit to His Father. I also
have the responsibility of keeping my spirit in
agreement with His Spirit. And when I do, Jesus 
gradually lifts me up to the level where He lived--
level of perfect submission to His Father's will, 
where I pay no attention to anything else." OC

Paul speaks of godliness in his first letter to Timothy,
nine times. In chapter 6:11, Paul says:

"...But flee from these things, you man of God; and 
pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love,
perseverance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of 
faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were 
called..."

Reader, the Christian life is not a passive thing, not
then; not today. Chambers says to 'maintain an inner
vigilance and to submit to the Father.'

(Sometimes my blogs cut me. This is one of those.)

No comments: