Monday, June 20, 2016

A Badge of Honor

Reader, do you sometimes feel like a 'fish out of
water,' as you go about your daily tasks? Have you
heard words like, 'I don't feel like I belong any-
more, or, 'so many things seem upside-down.' We
have been in John 15 and as the discourse
continues, this is what Jesus says:

'If the world hates you, know it hated me before 
it hated you. If you were of this world, the world
would love you, but because you are not of this
world, but I chose you out of this world, therefore
the world hates you. (John 15:18)

I have not looked at this chapter as a whole before.
I thought Jesus changed the subject because of the
man made chapter heading! Jesus tells his disciples
and us that abiding, fruit bearing Christians who
love each other, will be persecuted.

Paul says to Timothy:

'...all who desire to live a godly life will be
persecuted. (2Tim 3:12)

It comes with the territory. It is a given.

'I chose you out of this world; you are not of 
the world.' We were chosen to be His. Jesus
suffered on the cross for us to make this happen,
not to make us happy.  When persecution comes
to us, it shows the world that we belong to Him
and He to us.

Wear it like a badge of honor. 

No comments: