Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Umbilical Cord

"...all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus
were baptized into his death. We were buried with
him by baptism into death, in order that, just as 
Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the
Father, we too might walk in newness of life."
(Rom 6:3,4)

Something happens at salvation that forever connects
us into God. Since we connot handle a direct
connection with the Father, Jesus attaches Himself
to the Father as an umbilical cord. He is the
mediator in heaven who provides a constant flow
of life so that the believer can always be soaked
with His "I." We can be in heaven with Him, while
at the same time, He is on earth with us. We as
believers have entered into the same kiind of
relationship that Jesus had with His Father on earth.
We have an "I" that of its own self can do nothing.
We as believers do much by doing nothing! Each
of us is unique and free but we must use that
freedom to choose to do nothing unless God is
doing it through us. Our only action is to invite the
Lord to come and soak us with life, be our life, in
the present situation. The life then expressed is not
of us, but of Him.

Reader, I get so caught up with looking at what I am
doing for the Lord, that I forget that I am made to live
my life out of His "I." That is the place of continual
rest. 

No comments: