Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Incomplete

Yesterday's verse:
"You are complete in Him."

I don't feel complete today. I went back
through my life and counted the losses, the
hurts, then, I looked at the present. By the
time I finished counting, I felt lonely, empty,
unfilled. Is God's word not truth? If I look at
my bodily weaknesses, the things I want but
don't have, the verse rings false. What is my
focus here? It is on people,things, and ME!

A song comes to mind from the past:

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus.
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow
        strangely dim
In the light of His glory and 
        grace."

Reader, look again at the blog from yesterday.
What do you have that makes you feel complete?
An experience, a position, a calling? What do
you have that makes you feel incomplete? What
do you really believe about yourself? About God?
Wrestle with it!

No comments: