Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Boasting

"...power is made perfect in weakness. therefore,
I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses...
so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2Cor 12:9,10)

How in the Sam Hill can power come, not only from
weakness, but become perfect in weakness? That
was my question as I sat pondering these verses.

The picture of Jesus hanging on the cross came to
mind. 'Power made perfect through weakness,' is
depicted. He is utterly spent, helpless, without
control. The grace of His Father sufficient to keep
Him there until, "it is finished." Then what happens?
The Resurrection happens! Christ demonstrated
what was spoken to Paul that day, which is why
Paul could say, "Therefore, will I boast all the 
more gladly of my weaknesses."

So, dear reader, instead of moaning and groaning
over my flesh and its weaknesses--I can, in truth,
rejoice!!!! How do you spell 'relief?'

No comments: