Friday, July 24, 2015

The Suffering of Christ

Yesterday I looked at the scripture one more time and
asked, "what were the afflictions of Christ?"

God immediately took me to Isaiah 52 and 53:
  • Marred beyond human appearance
  • No form or majesty
  • No beauty 
  • Not desired
  • Despised 
  • rejected
  • Man of sorrows  
  • acquainted with grief
  • His own did not esteem Him
  • Stricken
  • Afflicted
  • Smitten by God
  • Pierced
  • Crushed
  • Wounded
  • Oppressed 
  • Cut off from the living
  • It was the will of the Lord to crush Him
  • John said He was unknown by the world
  • His own did not receive Him
Christian, this is your God! He went through all
of this just for me, for you.  We are given the 
privilege of joining Him in His afflictions. So,
why do I murmur when I can't get a cup of
Starbucks coffee? More importantly, why do
I feel that persecution and rejection should not,
will not come to me?

No comments: