Friday, July 10, 2015

Remain, Settle, Tarry

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High,
shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty."
(Ps 91:1)

Here are some synonyms for "dwelleth" from Strongs:
To remain, settle, abide, continue, be still, tarry

Last evening our little group met to discuss this verse.
How do we dwell continually in the secret place? The
New Testament tells us that we are IN Christ. It means
that my position is stable, fixed, even if my emotions
are not. They lie. The truth is that as a Christian I am
dwelling in that secret place and the result is that I
shall abide under or in his shadow. What it boils down
to is the KNOWING that I dwell in Him continually,
regardless of circumstances.  With that revelation,
comes peace.

I found a picture that tells it all. I will try to post it
to the blog but if it doesn't stick I will put it on my
FB page. (Didn't work!) It is a picture of a lighthouse
that has stood for centuries. The surf is crashing all
around it and in the doorway is a man leaning against
the door jam with his hands in his pockets. The fury
of the waves do not cause him anxiety because he
knows the safety of his dwelling place.

I encourage you to  look up pictures of Lighthouses,
and find the one that meets this description. Let
me know if you know how to do this.










No comments: