Wednesday, April 22, 2015

May the God of Peace...

'Now may the God of peace...' (Heb 13:20)

The God I love and serve is THE God of peace. Can
you name another god who is called a god of peace?
In the greek it means, 'set at one again, quietness, rest, 
prosperity.'  In Hebrew the word is Shalom and means,
'to be safe, to rest safely, to be wholly well, happy, to
have good health, to be completed, to be at peace.'

'Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace (shalom, shalom)
whose mind is stayed on Thee because he trusts in
Thee.' (Is 26:3)

I sit here drinking a cup of tea as I try to warp my mind
and my heart around this. I once heard a sermon, no, it
was four sermons, each lasting an hour, on this one verse.
The speaker, Malcolm Smith, had spent weeks meditating
in one verse. I spent weeks soaking up the message.

The God of peace dwells within me, you. He is our
resource for the whole definition of peace: In Him is
intimate fellowship; fullness of life. We are not fatherless.
We are not connected to a disconnected God. Glory!

Website:
http://www.hisvictoriousindwelling.com

No comments: